Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Cell Phone

It was a wonderful Friday morning, a bright sunny day outside.  I was suppose to go to my parents house after work, and decided to call my mom after Bebe asked me to come home first so we could have supper together. 

I parked my car in the lot outside of my work and called my mom on the cell.  My phone has been with me for over 2 years…it does everything for me!  We get lost, I bring out my phone; we need a random fact about life, I bring out my phone; I need to text you a funny joke, I bring out my phone; I need to call you, oh yes, that handy dandy phone is put to use.  I touched my moms cell phone in my address book (it’s a touch screen) and it dialed her number.  This is when a great day turns horribly bad…the phone never rang, it just went to a noise.  The noise sounded like someone breathing heavily, and then mixed a garbled undertone of whispered nonsense, which would then return to the heavy breathing.  What in the world is this?!?

At first I thought, my mom must have answered with her purse (like a purse dial aka as a butt dial or pocket dial but instead of a dial it was answering).  So I waited a few more minutes for my mom to say something, and then I said “Mom?”  Then it went from the heavy breathing to a really loud and mad sounding garbled undertone of yelling nonsense.  Oh My Gosh I made it angry!

I had two options…(trying to think clearly as the noise on the other end went from being mad to whispering nonsense to heavy breathing on the other line)…
A.) I could rush in and tell my coworkers to listen in because it was just too freaky!
B.) Hang up and call my mom again and hope whatever was on the line now didn’t pick up again.

I went for option B, because I didn’t want to rush in and ask them all to listen in and the thing get really mad or for it to just shut up and then I look crazy.  And also because I needed to talk with my mom.

I dialed my mom again and it rang and she picked up.  I asked her if she had heard the noise too, and she said she had.  I asked her if she had called out my name to see if it was me and if it had gotten angry.  She had called out my name, but the noise did not get angry…so the thing must have had mommy issues. 

When I got off the phone with my mom and went inside to work I told everyone in my office about it…lets just say they all thought I was going to be abducted and because they knew me, they too, were going to be abducted as well.  It was aliens, a possessed phone, or an airplane mixing up the signals.

I made it through the weekend, and nothing happened…I am hoping it was just a misplaced signal…but it was weird and that misplaced signal had real mommy issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment