Wednesday, December 14, 2011

You might be a redneck if…

If you go to a gas station twice on your wedding day, in your wedding dress, you might be a redneck. 




Oh yes, my wonderful followers and random people that just pop over to check this blog out because you wonder “what in the world is a wog?” or because you searched for wrapping paper and this is the page that came up, I Happy Dance am now a “Mrs.” and Bebe is now stuck with me for life.  So I am Mrs. Happy Dance Bebe…or something…but you can just call me Happy Dance.  I also might be a redneck, because I really did go into two different gas stations on my wedding day, in my wedding dress.  I mean who does that? 



Oh wait…me! 

Bebe and I got married, in August,  and it was a wonderful ceremony and day.  Many things went wrong, BUT that only makes things more memorable later. 


It was a hot day, and after the ceremony and the thousands of pictures we took at the church our bridesmaids and groomsmen and ushers and Bebe and me got into the bus we rented to take us to a local park that has beautiful sites in it to take pictures together.  We all got on the bus and the men started getting drinks out of the coolers they had brought.  In the coolers was beer.  That was it.  Now I’m not saying that none of my girls would drink beer, but I know that most of them, and myself, prefer a little more fruity drinks and we all needed some water.  It was really hot outside and REALLY hot inside the bus even though the a/c was on.  Us girls needed something to refresh ourselves.  So we had the bus driver stop at the local gas station and the girls and I hopped out and went to buy some water and drinks.  I hiked up my skirts (10 skirts to be exact!) and walked inside the gas station.  My sister in-law, Amy, had my train in her hand and some drinks in the other as we made our way up to the counter.  People told me congratulations and how pretty my dress was and asked about where I got my hair done, and others just stared like they had never seen a bride, veil and all, in a gas station before.  Is it really that uncommon?  Amy and I made our way back out to the bus and then we were off to the local park to take the pictures.




Once we were done at the park we went to the reception and partied all night long.  We had fun and danced the night away.  But we only had the reception hall until 11.  Then Bebe’s and my town car was there to drive us to our hotel.  On the way, Bebe wanted to stop at the gas station and grab some beer and I wanted some water.  So the driver let us stop at a nearby gas station. Bebe got out to get the beer, but came back to the car empty handed.  He had given his wallet to his Best Man, Mick.  The gas station attendant carded him and wouldn’t let him buy the beer.  So I had to go in.  This time without the veil but with just as many skirts in my wedding dress.  Bebe helped me out of the car and I hiked up my skirts and walked in again.  This time not as happy as the first time that I walked into a gas station on my wedding day.  I gave the attendant my lincese, and he after carefully looking at my card and giving me an evil stare, finally let us buy the beer and be on our way.  People were congratulating us and everything and even the evil stare down attendant congratulated us.  We then got back into the car and the driver thought it was the funniest thing.  Apparently most brides don’t frequent gas stations on their wedding day.



It was the same company gas station that we went too, just different buildings and I imagined some security guard at their main office watching the video footage of the same bride walking in and out of two of their gas stations and cracking up thinking “the boys won’t believe this one when I tell them about it.” 



So if you ever want to shock some people and get a lot of congratulations from strangers in the big city, go to a gas station on your wedding day in your wedding dress…people seem to love it!  Only consequence…you might be a redneck…

No comments:

Post a Comment