Friday, June 17, 2011

My Not Good, Very Bad Evening

Yesterday I got off of work at 7 and had to be at Bebes and my last marriage preparation session at 7:30.  I got near enough to go and grab a bite to eat at a drive thru.  I hit a place that I could get a hot dog and just go.  I ordered it and said, twice, that I just wanted ketchup on it, nothing else.  I go through the line, pay for it, get my food, and park in a parking spot so I can gobble the food down in about 3 minutes.  This was my plan, and this is where it all goes wrong. 


I open up my food and on the hotdog there is mustard and relish.  WHAT?!?! I go inside the restaurant and tell the manager that this was suppose to be just ketchup.  Now at this point I am a little overwhelmed with my timing and not in the best of moods.  The manager tells me it will take 10 minutes and I told him that I am very busy and am in a hurry so I don’t have that long.  So he told me it would take 5. 



So I sit there and eat my french fries while I watched them cook it.  During all this a cop is watching me, and kind of intently…I think I looked like I was on the edge of breaking, and I sort of was.  I finally get my hot dog, and rush out of the place, back to my car, and hurry to eat my ketchup only hotdog. 

Two bites down I turn to grab my drink and the hot dog slips out of it’s bun and lands on my tan pants and a little on the car seat. SERIOUSLY!?!? At that moment Bebe calls to see where I am, it’s now 7:30, I’m late.  I tell him ketchup got on my pants and I have to rush home to change, tell them I am SO sorry and I will be there as soon as I can.  I then close up my hot dog case throw it in the bag and get out of the parking lot as fast as I can.  I get to the first stop light, and it just turns red. NO!!!! I wait and sit and patiently think it isn’t so bad, I will be like 5 minutes late or so, it’s not that bad, they won’t mind.  I rush through the light, once it turns green, and head towards our subdivision. 



I get through most of the community ok, not speeding and feeling like I am going to be able to do this and not be too late.  Then I get to the stop sign at the turn to our house, I can actually see our house from the stop sign.  In front of me there is a white van.  The guy in the van sticks his head out the door to yell at one of our neighbors and turns his van diagonally at the stop sign.  On one side of the van is vehicles parked on the street, so I can’t get past that way, and on the other side he is to close to the stop sign for me to get through without hitting him or the stop sign.  So I shout, “Excuse me! Hello!”  He doesn’t notice and gets out of his truck and walks up to the sidewalk to talk to this guy.  At this point I am just furious!  REALLY!?!? Today, of all days you do this? WHY!?!?! So I yell “Hey, MAN! I’ve gotta go!” and point to the direction that I would like to go and at his van blocking the whole intersection.  He says sorry and runs to his van and pulls up to the other side of the street. 



I zoom past him, while doing so wave at him in thanks for moving, run into my house quickly change into blue jeans and a different top, leap over Bella because she just wants me to pet her but I don’t have time, out the door, lock it, and then I am back in my car, pulling out of the drive way and zooming past the guy was in my way and waved again.  I get stopped at one more stop light and then I make it to the marriage prep house.  I am only 20 minutes late, but it feels like it took forever to get there.  The couple was fine with me being late and it didn’t seem like it was a big deal, but it took awhile for my nervous and heart to slow down.  I feel bad about being mad about a hot dog, and then mad about the guy in front of me at the stop sign.  But why is it when you are in a rush does something bad happen, and then once one bad thing happens a few more happens right along with it?



1 comment:

  1. OMG, your drawings are hysterical! How do I subscribe to your blog?

    ReplyDelete